West Palm Beach Criminal Defense Attorney For Drug & Alcohol Crimes
Police and prosecutors take Drug and Alcohol Crimes very seriously and the consequences can be severe. Having effective legal counsel to guide you through the process from the beginning can greatly impact the outcome of your drug or alcohol case.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a drug addict, a recreational drug user, drug/chemical dependent, a juvenile or a first time offender in the eyes of the law you will face the same legal issues and penalties. While all drug crimes carry the risk of jail or prison time, someone convicted of drug possession can expect at a minimum: substantial fines, mandatory drug and alcohol treatment/education and associated costs, a driver’s license suspension, and disqualification from certain types of employment.
Alcohol crimes (DUI/DWI) are also very serious in nature and the laws are complex. These crimes can quickly escalate to violent offenses such as DUI manslaughter and sexually related crimes. Charges can range from misdemeanor to felonies.
Types of Drug and Alcohol cases that our firm can handle include, but are not limited to:
- Drug Possession
- Drug possession includes misdemeanor or felony charges relating to possession of small amounts of marijuana, cocaine, heroin, ecstasy, prescription drugs or any other illegal drug or controlled substance.
- Drug Sales
- Drug sales include the selling and/or commercially distributing of illegal drugs or controlled substances. The sale of any controlled substance is a felony.
- Drug Trafficking
- Drug trafficking involves more than the selling of drugs. It includes manufacturing, possession, transportation, and distribution of large quantities of illegal drugs.
- DUI / Drunk Driving
- Alcohol related crimes can include driving under the influence (DUI), underage consumption, public intoxication and disorderly conduct.
- Money Laundering
- Money laundering is the taking of “dirty money” obtained through unlawful activities in an attempt to conceal its true origin. It is often made in conjunction with additional federal charges like drug trafficking, and Racketeering.
Attorney Leonard Feuer is a former prosecutor and an experienced criminal defense attorney. He has handled hundreds of drug and alcohol cases. He understands what is at stake and knows how to protect your rights. He and will explain the penalties you may be facing and analyze your case for possible defenses.
If you or a family member been accused of or arrested for a Drug or Alcohol Crime, contact Suskauer Feuer, LLC for the experienced and compassionate criminal defense you deserve.